Safety: Work Stoppage Program
Weekly work stoppage program implemented during short duration contracts
Our Engineering business has not had a single serious injury since August 2017 – a total of more than 6.5 million safe man-hours worked.
This achievement is outstanding considering:
- the high-risk construction environment and
- 90% of man-hours worked are by contingent labour resources
Our weekly “Work stoppage program”, during short duration contracts creates a platform:
- For the entire workforce to get together
- To participate in various safety campaigns and
- To recognise and reward outstanding performance
Management visibility is an important element!
The program helps to make safety training fun for our employees to put into practice.
Employees are looking for leaders that promote a Healthy, Safe and Quality culture; that proves to be robust and resistant to any unsafe work situation and activity.
The aim of the Work stoppage program is for all our employees to go Home Safe Every day.